[mythtv-users] Help getting SPDIF working on NForce4 under FC5

Bish, Tim Tim.Bish at Sensis.com
Mon Aug 7 13:20:44 UTC 2006

Hey guys

I've figured out most of the things to get my machine up and running.
The one issue that I'm stuck on is getting the Digital out working.  I'm
running on an Asus A8N5X board which is NForce 4 based.  I've tried the
instructions in the Wiki, no luck.  I've been reading like crazy, but so
far have not had any luck figuring out what all I need to look at to
determine the proper setup for my board.  So neither the MythFrontend
nor Xine can use the SPDIF.

I'm hoping that its not a hardware problem.  I am however starting to
wonder.  I've been having problems with this machine's network interface
since day one.  So far the best I can achieve is having network
connectivity for about 10 minutes and then all connectivity stops and I
can't get in or out of the box over my internal network.  I'm starting
to think there is something not quite right with this board.

If anyone can share any info on debugging the ALSA stuff what would be
helpful.

Timothy A. Bish