[mythtv-users] Scheduling: prefer input

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Thu Aug 3 20:04:40 UTC 2006

y> John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> says:
>> In SVN, one of the options when scheduling a recording is to
>> selectect a "prefered" input to use.  I assume this just bumps the
>> selected input's priority a notch when scheduling the show -- but if
>> so, it is broken.

y> Bah. Whether or not it's broken, it seems to me the wrong approach; my
y> guess is someone who didn't realize the value and extent of the
y> already-existing functionality either asked for or actually wrote a
y> patch for SVN. [...]

        I think you guessed wrong.  I don't know if it's really broken
but here are reasons why this option was added:

http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-commits/2006-June/018104.html
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.