[mythtv-users] 169Time revisited

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 14:42:21 UTC 2006

Michael,

I realize now that post was a bit old.  For some reason I read 2002 as 2006
:).

I emailed Dan Dennedy about this and he was also mentioning ddr1394.  He
said it is a bit rough around the edges, but said that it could be hacked
together to something functional if I took some time with it.  Which
firewire config ROM are you speaking of when you say AV/C capability needs
to be enabled? Have you uploaded these patches to modify ddr1394 to svn of
linux1394?

Do you actually use the r5000hd as a recording source for all of your
programming in myth then with this intermediatary XP Box?  Also the 169Time
mod, you say that its not as reliable and robust, is that to be taken in a
literal sense? eg - the box crashes, or streams just dont consistently work?
I'm just kinda curious about this - as I may invest in one or the other if
this is really a feasible working project...  If you do use the r5000hd
often  - how is perfomance?  Would you call it a worthwhile investement?

I appreciate the info,