[mythtv-users] pcHDTV card analog NTSC input

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Sat Apr 8 05:33:31 UTC 2006

Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> writes:

> On Apr 7, 2006, at 12:36 PM, Greg Stark wrote:
>

> > Does anyone have analog NTSC input working with a pcHDTV 3000 card?
> >
> > I'm a bit unclear whether this can be enabled simultaneously with the ATSC
> > digital device.

Hm, so I can't tune analog NTSC and digital at the same time. But I can do one
at a time. How does mythtv know to handle this? Like the other poster I don't
see any "analog options" anywhere.

I do have analog NTSC working in mythtv now. I set it up as an "Analog V4L
capture card" (my that's some creative capitalization there).

> > I'm also having a problem. I have the picture displaying fine in xawtv but
> > the audio is barely coming through. It's as if it's muted on the card.
> > Even with the line-in and master set to maximum I can barely hear it. As
> > if all I'm getting is some cross-talk in a mux where the registers are set
> > wrong.

I found a work-around for the audio problem. I ran another tv program called
"tvtime" (a very nice program, btw, but no pvr capabilities) and it had an
option called "Audio Boost" and setting that to "maximum" fixed the problem
right up. I have no idea what this corresponds to in command-line tools or
mythtv options. I'll have to look at the source and see what's going on there.

But now I have a different problem. In tvtime I can adjust the brightness and
contrast so the input looks right. Mainly I have to turn the contrast way
down. By default the card seems to tune everything with the contrast wayyy too
high. The images are almost all white and fully saturated colours.

I don't see where in mythtv I adjust the picture settings on the capture.

--
greg