[mythtv-users] How can I connect my box to 5 TVs?

Stuart Fox stuart at dontuse.ms
Thu Apr 6 15:05:29 UTC 2006

> On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 16:50 +0200, Dr. C Mythology wrote:
>> I was wondering if someone knew a good way to connect 4 or 5 TVs to a PC
>> (one plasma and 4 LCDs).
>
> Use two or three video cards that support dual monitors.  With most
> motherboards, this means using some PCI video cards, which is what I do
> on one system with three monitors.
>
> Of course, if you want to run mythfrontend separately on each screen,
> each with its own remote input, you're probably best off getting
> separate PCs for each screen.  While you could run it all on one system,
> I think you would have problems with saving the preferences for more
> than one front end on the same system

You could do it, 5 seperate X sessions each owned by a different user.
You get over the preferences bit by setting the "LocalHostName" bit in
~/.mythtv/mysql.txt to something unique for every user.
Remote controls then become a problem tho, myth is just myth according to
lirc or a keyboard.

Stuart
capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?