[mythtv-users] Mpeg2

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 01:40:10 UTC 2005

> I've been happily on release .16 for some time now, but having recently
> benefitted from the $40 MediaMVP deal at Radioshack, I thought I'd ask
> whether the ability to transcode TO mpeg2 has made it's way into the current
> features.  Looking at the list archives, I'm seeing mixed signals whether
> this might be the case or not.  It's hard to upgrade what works so well, but
> if that's there I'll do it in a heartbeat.  (Otherwise, I'm going to have to
> debate withmyself the purchase of a PVR-500).

Not actually sure on the answer to this, but I think the situation is
that you can't transcode to MPEG2. I have DVB-T tuner cards which
capture MPEG2 and I wanted to transcode them to smaller MPEG2 files
but there's no option to do that. Then I found something about
updating some settings in MySQL which enable the MPEG2 transcode
option. However, any transcodes I did with this failed so I gave up.

Regards,
Phill