[mythtv-users] One channel has bad audio synchronisation.

Bob spam at homeurl.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 03:50:54 UTC 2005

Bob wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> Bob wrote:
>
> Snip A/V sync issues 8< 8<
>
>>> Other than that, you could always demux/remux the stream with a
>>> specified offset.  If it's a constant offset, this shouldn't be too
>>> difficult; otherwise...
>>
>> Oh, BTW, there's also an "Adjust Audio Sync" menu available in the SVN
>> version (
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/133981#133981 )
>> to do manual correction.  You can access it by pressing the Menu
>> key--normally 'M'--while watching the recording.  If you aren't
>> comfortable with compiling/running SVN, it's a feature to look forward
>> to in 0.19.  :)
>
> Thanks, I'll have a look at the SVN, otherwise the offset is constant so
> how would I demux/remux these recordings without changing the quality
> but bringing the audio forward 1/2 a second?

For anyone with similar issues I've found the easiest way round this is
to use MythTV Filters (aka dsmyth) and Media Player Classic to view the
content, in MPC the + and - keys advance or delay the audio by 10ms.

--
tveeprom: Hauppauge: model = 34132, rev = J158,
tveeprom: tuner = Philips FM1236 MK3 (idx = 58, type = 4)