[mythtv-users] One channel has bad audio synchronisation.

Bob spam at homeurl.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 04:40:58 UTC 2005

Michael T. Dean wrote:

>> Bob wrote:

Snip A/V sync issues

>> The best way is to call your cable company and tell them to fix the
>> problem.  How much are you paying for that garbage from your
>> government-sponsored local monopoly, anyway?
>> Other than that, you could always demux/remux the stream with a
>> specified offset.  If it's a constant offset, this shouldn't be too
>> difficult; otherwise...
>
> Oh, BTW, there's also an "Adjust Audio Sync" menu available in the SVN
> version (
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/133981#133981 )
> to do manual correction.  You can access it by pressing the Menu
> key--normally 'M'--while watching the recording.  If you aren't
> comfortable with compiling/running SVN, it's a feature to look forward
> to in 0.19.  :)

Thanks, I'll have a look at the SVN, otherwise the offset is constant so
how would I demux/remux these recordings without changing the quality
but bringing the audio forward 1/2 a second?

On the "tell your crappy cable company to sort it out" front, I'm in the
Philippines, nothing else works, why would the TV be any different. Also
I'm in a serviced residence (only here for 6 months) and they are locked
into a contract with the worst (both in terms of content and quality)
cable co so there's not much I can do, I'm considering satellite but I
don't think an indoor dish would work (I'm on the 4th floor of 40) and
it'd probably be easier and more full filing to ditch TV entirely
(again) and become an intellectual (I didn't quite manage this bit last
time, I just became even more of a nerd for 2 years, in-fact I only got
back into to TV because of Myth, the fact that it's free had nothing to
do with it).

Thanks.

PS. Sorry about the delay, my ISPs SMTP server hasn't worked for 4 days,
Grrrr.

--
tveeprom: Hauppauge: model = 34132, rev = J158,
tveeprom: tuner = Philips FM1236 MK3 (idx = 58, type = 4)