[mythtv-users] pvr 250 and pvr 500 in same box

John P. Hoke john.hoke at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 14:48:10 UTC 2005

I would have to agree with Joe... I added a PVR150 to a box with a PVR250
last night, and all I needed to do was grab the ivtv-firmware-audio package
and it all worked seamlessly.

One thing I have noticed is if I reboot my BE the PVR150 ends up thinking it
is a PVR250, but if i do a cold boot it gets recognized properly. I have
reproduced this error and solution a number of times over the past 24 hrs in
an attempt to get things working ...

Something to think about ;(

On 9/23/05, joe.white at wachovia.com <joe.white at wachovia.com> wrote:

> oops. hit the wrong button in my last message.
>
> I just added a pvr500 to my FC4 box this past weekend. When I set the
> ATrpms repository to TESTING and tried to # yum install
> ivtv-firmware-audio as per Jarod's guide, I got nothing. I had to go and
> pull the rpm down manually. Dunno is that would cause what you are seeing,
> but it might help.
>
> Joe White
>
> mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org wrote on 09/23/2005 10:12:06 AM:
>
> > Has anyone gotten a hauppauge pvr 250 and pvr 500 working in the same
> box?
> >
> > I tried it on fc4 with the 0.3.8 ivtv drivers and get picture and sound
> on
> > the 250, great picture on both inputs of the 500 but no sound on the 500
> > at all.
> >
> > if someone out there has any ideas, I'd love to hear em.

John P. Hoke
http://john.hoke.org/
john.hoke at gmail.com