[mythtv-users] Myth Box Components

Mark Kundinger mkundinger at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 03:00:48 UTC 2005

Some feedback,

If you're using a Socket A board, you might want to consider a Mobile
Athlon XP chip.  They run cooler, can achieve high speeds, and often
overclock well.  (I have a 2200+ running at 2ghz, or 2900+, at only
1.4V).  They are harder to find, but I got one at newegg.

However, if you're considering HDTV, then you may want to consider
getting a beefier processor.  I don't do HDTV myself, but people seem
to recommend over 3ghz P4's or higher-end Athlon 64's.

Other components seem good.  Thing like sound card depends mainly on
your friend's audio setup.