[mythtv-users] ACPI sleep problems

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Sep 20 18:11:19 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 18:43 +0100, Steve Hill wrote:
> nsive.
>
> Something I read suggested putting "acpi_sleep=s3_bios" on the kernel
> commandline (i.e. in grub or lilo) to fix graphics problems on resume (it
> aparantly makes the BIOS re-POST the video card on resume).

Fascinating. I tried this, and it makes things even worse. Now the
laptop wakes up and hangs instantly; even the power button doesn't do a
controlled shutdown as it did without this option, and not even the
partial X screen is redrawn. I guess this tells me the problem is
associated with my graphics card. Maybe that will be of some help when I
learn more about how this works.

--Greg