[mythtv-users] ACPI sleep problems

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Tue Sep 20 17:43:12 UTC 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Greg Woods wrote:

> Tried it, it still doesn't work on my laptop. Exact same symptoms as
> before: it suspends fine, but on awakening, I see a garbled X display
> and the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive.

Something I read suggested putting "acpi_sleep=s3_bios" on the kernel
commandline (i.e. in grub or lilo) to fix graphics problems on resume (it
aparantly makes the BIOS re-POST the video card on resume).

> On the other hand, others have reported that ACPI suspend works fine for
> them, so I stand by my original statement: it may or may not work
> depending on what hardware and kernel version you have.

Well I know that there are a lot of broken ACPI implementations out there
but I thought more recent stuff was ok (my motherboard is only about 2
years old).

--

  - Steve