[mythtv-users] Using the pvr-350 remote with other ir-receivers

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 22:46:07 UTC 2005

On 19/09/05, Oscar Curero <oscar-listas at naiandei.net> wrote:
> El Dilluns, 19 de Setembre de 2005 20:42, Scot L. Harris va escriure:
>
> > On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 14:27, Oscar Curero wrote:
> > > Does anyone knows of a ir-receiver compatible with the remote that came
> > > with the pvr-350, no-configuration needed (and if possible cheaper)?
> > >
> > > I don't know if something is broken in the pvr-350, the ivtv are not
> > > correct or lirc is not working with the correct drivers, the fact is that
> > > everything is working but the remote.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> >
> > Which OS are you using?  Which version of lirc?
> SuSE 9.3. Now using a CVS snapshot but I used to use lirc 0.7.0.
>

> > Did you use Jarod's guide for setting up the remote?  Does irw work?
> No, irw does not work.
> >
> > Have setup two systems using PVR-350 remotes.  The first time it took me
> > a couple of days to get it sorted out.  The second time the remote came
> > up in literally just a few minutes following Jarod's guide for FC4.
>
> I started in June !
>
> > And I have to ask, did you put the batteries into the remote?  :)
> I've changed them twice ;).
>
> Everything is very strange because it's like if lirc didn't know that I'm
> press the bottons. dmesg doesn't show nothing about the remote when I press
> the bottons. I know that lirc isn't that difficult, that setting a remote on
> linux is almost trivial, I have tried a lot of configurations and all I get
> is nothing... very disappointing.

After you have started LIRC, what's the output of:

/sbin/service lircd status

Do you have the lirc device nodes in /dev ? ( ll /dev/lirc* )

What does modprobe lirc-i2c do (should drag in lirc_dev) too. As long
as you have a suitable /etc/lircd.conf file for the remote (you can
also use the RC-5 file supplied from lirc.org) you shouldn't expect
any problems.

And make sure the IR cable is plugged into the IR socket and not the
audio input!

Nick