[mythtv-users] Using the pvr-350 remote with other ir-receivers

Oscar Curero oscar-listas at naiandei.net
Mon Sep 19 21:50:32 UTC 2005

El Dilluns, 19 de Setembre de 2005 20:42, Scot L. Harris va escriure:

> On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 14:27, Oscar Curero wrote:
> > Does anyone knows of a ir-receiver compatible with the remote that came
> > with the pvr-350, no-configuration needed (and if possible cheaper)?
> >
> > I don't know if something is broken in the pvr-350, the ivtv are not
> > correct or lirc is not working with the correct drivers, the fact is that
> > everything is working but the remote.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Which OS are you using?  Which version of lirc?
SuSE 9.3. Now using a CVS snapshot but I used to use lirc 0.7.0.

> Did you use Jarod's guide for setting up the remote?  Does irw work?
No, irw does not work.

> Have setup two systems using PVR-350 remotes.  The first time it took me
> a couple of days to get it sorted out.  The second time the remote came
> up in literally just a few minutes following Jarod's guide for FC4.

I started in June !

> And I have to ask, did you put the batteries into the remote?  :)
I've changed them twice ;).

Everything is very strange because it's like if lirc didn't know that I'm
press the bottons. dmesg doesn't show nothing about the remote when I press
the bottons. I know that lirc isn't that difficult, that setting a remote on
linux is almost trivial, I have tried a lot of configurations and all I get
is nothing... very disappointing.

Thanks,
--
Oscar Curero - Linux user: 306877