[mythtv-users] Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels?

Jason Beck jasonbeck777 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 17 04:02:19 UTC 2005

Awesome I'm glad you got it working.  I threw this
together off the top of my head while at work today...

I just went through this last week and it was pretty
difficult to gather all of the info to make it work.
Along with a lot of trail and error.

Another Tip.

It may or may not apply.  There is a nifty shortcut to
quckly gather all of you QAM freq if you have an HD
STB.  I have a Scientific-Atlanta 3250HD.  The SA box
is all I can speak to but I'm sure other STBs will
have something similar.  If you can get into the
status menu of you STB you can tune one of you HD
channels and it will display the QAM freq.

Its kind of nice when trying to find which channel is
on what freq.  For example channel 708 is my local
HDCBS channel via my STB.  I tune the STB to 708, then
hold the + button on the STB until the mail led
flashes the hit the info button on the STB.  Wala! the
status menu.  Check www.avsforum.com for details on
how to get the status menus on your specific model.
This has saved me a bunch of time on finding channels.
 Now all I have to do is use the STB to find the freq.
 Then do the dvb scan to find the serviceid.  Saves a
lot of trial and error.