[mythtv-users] HDTV MythTV parts list

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 19:40:07 UTC 2005

--- "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Jack Perveiler wrote:
>
> >My cable box DVR has the ability to set it's output to "pass-thru", meaning
> >that 720p programs are output as 720p, 1080i is output as 1080i, etc and the
> TV
> >handles the rest.  I don't suppose anyone knows if there's a way to make
> myth
> >behave similarly?  Modern TVs are getting pretty good and doing their own
> >deinterlacing/scaling (I know mine, a Samsung HLR-5667, does) and it would
> be
> >nice to have myth not have to worry about the deinterlacing.
> >

> What about configuring Xandr and enabling:
>
> -----
> Separate video modes for GUI and TV playback
>
> Switch X Window video modes for TV.
> Requires "xrandr" support.
> -----
>
> IIRC, it will choose the most appropriate modeline based on the video
> content.
>
> Mike

No kidding?  I was under the (apparantly misguided) impression that that option
allowed a different modeline than the GUI during playback, but that it was
static (you set the alternate modeline somewhere and it used it rather than
being smart like you're saying).  I'll definitely give that a try.  Thanks.

--Jack