[mythtv-users] Problems with Myth_Music

Brian C. Huffman huffman at graze.net
Fri Sep 16 12:10:34 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 04:04 -0500, Javier Perez wrote:
> Hi
> How come I can Rip a CD with Grip but I cannot do it from within
> MythCD.
> Mythfrontend crashes as soon as I just try to do it. Has this problem
> been solved? It did not look like it
> from googling around.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark.  Are you running FC4?  Even if you
aren't depending on the version and patches in the linux kernel that you
have, this will happen.  I created a patch for libcdaudio (which is the
most likely culprit for the crash) and I believe that Axel was going to
recreate RPMs for it.  If you are not running Fedora, look in the
archives for a subject something like "FC4 cd ripping" and you should
find my patch.

> Also, How can I just play a CD? Thereis the option to play a DVD and
> play a VCD, but not play a CD.
>
> Did I miss something somewhere?

You play a CD by going into music selection and selecting the checkbox
for the CD device.  There are multiple ways to do this - probably
easiest is to go into mythmusic, play music, and then hit "3" to change
your song selection.  Coincidentally, if you're having the problem
mentioned above as far as libcdaudio crashing your frontend, it's going
to crash here too until you get libcdaudio patched.

-Brian