Fwd: [mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase errors: Can; t get channel+ no sound in mythtv

Analabha Roy hariseldon99 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 09:33:58 UTC 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Analabha Roy <hariseldon99 at gmail.com>
Date: Sep 16, 2005 4:33 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase errors: Can; t get channel+ no
sound in mythtv
To: knowledgejunkie at gmail.com

Thanks for your response.

On 9/15/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the IP address and complete hostname of the machine you are using?
>
> Are you using user 'daneel' as the user identifier in mythtv itself.
> If so you (obviously) need the user 'daneel' to be able to acces the
> mysql database. In the previous post, I mentioned using 192.168.1/24
> *if* that was your network address. If it isn't, it wont help.

*Ahem*. Sorry abt that. Silly of me to not notice.

Here is my output of "ifconfig eth0"
inet addr:192.168.254.24 <http://192.168.254.24>
Bcast:255.255.255.255<http://255.255.255.255>Mask:
255.255.255.0 <http://255.255.255.0>

I would try changing your hostname to 'localhost' and using the user
> 'mythtv' when using mythtv.

Well, the /etc/hosts file does contain 'localhost' as an alternative name.
This is wierd. I'm only going to connect to it locally, so it shouldn't
matter (besides, mysql is firewalled in lan)

Anywho, I'll login to mythtv user & see if that helps.
The thing is, I don't use this compu as a dedicated PVR box. This is my
regular PC where I work and stuff. I just wanna pause & record live TV (&
I'm too poor to afford another PC to use as a dedictaed PVR). So a fresh
install would be a huge hassle .

Anywho, I logged in as 'mythtv' and exported mc.sql into mysqld.
Then I ran mythtvsetup. When I went to "Channel Editor" I couldn't see the
mouse pointer to the screen so I couldn't "scan for channels". I'm using
KDE, so I went to KDE control center & configged "Focus follows mouse" as
per the howto but didn't help.

Login to the system as mythtv too. Your