[mythtv-users] Possibilities of building a pci based card to workwith cable provider's cable cards?

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Wed Sep 14 15:49:11 UTC 2005

Hi Matt,

Feel free to view my business proposal that I put together
www.cognation.net/cablecard3/CableCard3%20Business%20Plan.pdf for a
project along similar lines.

I have dumped this project after meeting with Cablelabs. I feel that
their 'public' purpose and their 'private' purpose is very very very
different. They are totally a sham to protect the fat cat cable
companies (I've posted this elsewhere in more detail when I originally
canned the project).

If you want any support feel free to contact me but you should be aware
that Cablelabs are lobbying the FCC for the removal of the cablecard
compliance for a 'new and improved' software based standard (in other
words lets push for a new standard some time in the future so we don't
even need to deliver what we are supposed to today (....they are very
smart and get paid well for a reason).

Regards,

Dean Collins

Cognation Pty Ltd