[mythtv-users] mythbackend fails silenty

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 14 15:13:08 UTC 2005

On 09/14/05 03:52, Graeme Wilford wrote:

>Turned out that running mythbackend on the command line caused it to
>pick up mysql.txt from ~root/.mythtv/ and running it via 'service' or
>directly via the init script caused it to pick up mysql.txt from
>/.mythtv/ This is on FC3.
>
>Wiping out /.mythtv/mysql.txt and linking it back to
>~/root/.mythtv/mysql.txt did the trick for me.

Probably better off copying the file (or, even better, moving the file
and chown'ing it since root doesn't need it) from root's home directory
to mythtv's.  No normal users should have access to any files in root's
home (or the directory itself).  This won't affect Myth directly, but is
a much cleaner approach overall.

Mike