[mythtv-users] Bluetooth remote, direct access?

Nathan Hesson nhesson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 00:19:28 UTC 2005

> I was actually thinking the main issue would be things like ff/rewind
> control, time compression, etc. - things which directly affect the
> way the frontend behaves as it's doing the playback and are normally
> handled by keystrokes sent directly to the frontend app itself.

the mythwifi plugin http://studwww.ugent.be/~aveys/mythwifi/ sends commands
directly to the frontend via a socket so that can be handled. I will dig
into the protocol tonight to see how the frontends request media from the
backends. If the frontends request direct objects from the backend then it
would not be too difficult to make a plugin that acts as if it were the real
frontend (I think)