[mythtv-users] Bluetooth remote, direct access?

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 23:29:33 UTC 2005

Nathan Hesson wrote:
> I have been playing with my cellphones bluetooth as a remote control
> (bluemote) and it works really well but I am about to start customizing
> the scripts and whatnot for more specific myth control and was
> wondering.  I there currently anyway accross a shell to command a
> frontend to start playing a recording or tune to a channel.  I know I
> can use jump points but I want to have the next level of control.  I
> want to pull a list of recordings on my phone and have the ability to
> select one and it will automatically play that program.  Is what I am
> describing possible or would it take some code modifications?
> Thanks for the help
> Nathan Hesson
> nhesson at gmail dot com

IIRC, the folks at PlutoHome appear to already be doing just this.
Source is open so you may want to have a look.

For further inspiration, have a look at the Nevo SL and embedded Nevo
from the folks at UEI. It is WIFI-based and bi-directional. Really,
really neat stuff. The embedded Nevo has been included within select
IPaqs for some time now. I know this won't be of practical interest to
the do-it-yourself crowd but the capabilities of what it can control are
nearly boundless.

HTH