[mythtv-users] TV choices - was: Could we install/run Mythtv withoutX-windows

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 12 06:06:54 UTC 2005

>>>>> Brian J Murrell writes:

b> On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 22:21 -0700, Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. wrote:

>> How does the TV know to deinterlace a progressive scan input?

b> "Progressive scan input" doesn't need deinterlacing.

        Which is why I asked what Jarod's TV is doing.  In his
message, he said he does not use Myth's deinterlacer but feeds his TV
a 1080p signal, and that the TV does the deinterlacing.

        Technically, I suppose the TV could regenerate the interlaced
stream (by throwing away odd or even lines in alternating frames) and
then properly deinterlace the signal but I hadn't heard of any TV that
could do that.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.