[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase errors: Can; t get channel+ no sound in mythtv

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 00:13:48 UTC 2005

On 11/09/05, Analabha Roy <hariseldon99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>   I finally decided to uninstall everything and restart. I did and ran into
> problems. I installed the mythconverg database, and tried to start the
> mythtv-setup utility, but it crashes with the following error:
>
>  2005-09-11 16:35:01.954 New DB connection, total: 1
>  Total desktop width=1024, height=768, numscreens=1
>  2005-09-11 16:35:01.962 Using screen 0, 1024x768 at 0,0
>  Could not find theme: blue
>  2005-09-11 16:35:01.981 Switching to square mode (blue)
>  mythtv: could not connect to socket
>  mythtv: No such file or directory
>  lirc_init failed for mythtv, see preceding messages
>  2005-09-11 16:35:02.404 Joystick disabled.
>  Could not find theme: blue
>  Couldn't find theme blue
>  If this is the master backend server:
>  Now, please run 'mythfilldatabase' to populate the database
>  with channel information.

Hi Analabha

Did you follow Jarod's guide _to the letter_ on a completely new
installation of FC3? I've followed it though several times on
FC2/3/4/RHEL4 and not had any problems this early on in the install
(although I am not in the US so use a different grabber).

Make sure the myth themes package is installed (you are using
atrpms.net for packages?) and that you follow every section in the
guide through, in order, paying special attention to MySQL.When you
state you reinstalled the mythconverg database, what exactly did you
do? This should happen automatically.

For your audio, make sure the permissions are OK and try using
/dev/pcm and /dev/mixer as your audio device/mixer.

Nick