[mythtv-users] Getting hardware encoding to work with blackbird (cx88 based) cards

Tomas Roos tomas.roos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 08:33:51 UTC 2005

Hello.

I have a Leadtek WinFast PVR 2000 card (not the XP version) which I
use in my mythtv setup.
The software decoding works fine and the quality is descent with the
0.0.4 cx88xx driver (V4L2)

I have heard that you can enable the mpeg2 encoder in the card by
uploading firmware somehow. I have no clue on how to extract the
firmware from the windows drivers or how to get this to work. Does
anyone have a link where this is step by step explained.

Also. If I get the HW mpeg2 encoder to work will it work together with
mythtv. In that case, how do I do that?

Links to information or anything that can help me would be very nice.

//T