[mythtv-users] Directv.pl script problems

randy ferrill randyf at cbcast.com
Sat Sep 10 06:47:02 UTC 2005

I can manually use the same command line as I have in the external
channel changer line in mythtvsetup as the mythtv user and it works
fine.

/usr/bin/directv.pl box_type D10-100 setup_channel 230 works on the
command line which is whatI have as my external change command minus the
230 channel number

BUT under control of Mythtv it doesn't change the channel, I am seeing
entries like this in the backend log

Started recording "Tools & Techniques" on channel: 1230 on cardid: 2,
sourceid 1

I checked the channel and freqid in mythweb and they are they actual
channel number above is really 230... is this the issue?

Where does this or how can I get it to log the information as it tries
to change the channel?

Any help would be greatly apprieciated... autotuning on the Directtv
then setting Myth up to record is getting old quick