[mythtv-users] Playback smooth as silk now (was Re: Blue faces and xvattr -a XV_HUE)

Andrew Codrington acodring at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 03:56:08 UTC 2005

Closing off on this saga for anyone who's been patiently waiting...

Playback is smooth now, no annoying stuttering, jitters, etc.

Noticed the last post on this thread and figured it would take a few hours less than messing
with
ALSA without really knowing if that was the cause of my problems...

I deselected 'TV Settings -> Playback -> Enable realtime priority threads' and a couple other
settings on the same page for good measure and suddenly mythtv became a joy.

I had already achieved high KAF with bags of on-demand 'Arthur' and 'How it Works'. They didn't
mind the stuttering...

Now this thing is ready for prime time - I'm ready to take a reading on the WAF...

--- Paul McKellar <socialmoth.blog at gmail.com> wrote:

> are you getting the prebuffering only in live tv.  that is what i'm
> getting.  did you find something that worked for you?
>
> On 8/24/05, Andrew Codrington <acodring at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Beautiful! Worked a treat. It was at 0%, changed to 50% as described below and all was good.
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Anyone want to vote on what I tackle next?
> > 1. Playback stuttering ('prebuffering pause')
> > 2. Getting ALSA sound working
> >

> > --- Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Andrew Codrington wrote:
 > > > Thanks David.