[mythtv-users] modprobe.conf for 350 and 500

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Mon Sep 5 21:30:52 UTC 2005

Gerald J. Berg wrote:

> Has anyone built a backend / frontend that uses a
>
> PVR-350 and a PVR-500?
>

> I am building one now and would appreciate knowing
>
> what has worked for the modprobe.conf entries.
>

> Jerry

My 350 is an LG tuner type 47 while my 500 has 2 phillips type 57's. I
use NTSC with ivtv-0.3.7k. Your main problem here is that the automatic
detection of the audio devices is still messed up with this version so
you 'should' specify something like this otherwise you'll likely lose
audio on one of the 500's tuners at some point.

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
alias char-major-81-2 ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_std=0,0,0 tuner=47,57,57 tda9887=0,0,0 ivtv_debug=1,1,1
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1

Also, on myth make sure you don't turn VBI on, just set that to none
otherwise you're video is going to be messed up while they work on
getting sliced mode working.

-Mike