[mythtv-users] Did I get this right? (Set-Up)

Andrew Balmos abalmos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 21:32:48 UTC 2005

Hello,

I just want to make sure that I got all this right before I go and buy
all the components to make it work...

This is my set up:
SA2100 Digital Cable Box (S-VIDEO out)
Capture Card (need to buy, is there a cheap one that just does S-VIDEO
would like hardware encoding)
Display Card (GeForce FX 5200 S-VIDEO or DVI out)
IR Remote (need to get, the card will be behind me so I need one with
a long cord I can run across the room)
IR Transmitter (build on from lirc (will it go say 20 - 25ft?))

This is how it all comes together:
I use a S-VIDEO Cable to connect my SA2100 to my capture card, MythTV
comes in here and orchestrates it all, I connect my display card to my
TV.  The IR remote controls MythTV and when I change the channel the
IR Transmitter changes my SA2100 box's channel.

This all that correct? Also, the MythTV box will be running on my main
system, so will I be able to use my desktop as it is and MythTV with
the same graphics card?

Thank you!,
Andrew