[mythtv-users] [semi-OT] PAL and Nvidia 6600GT cards

Matthew Moore matt at matt-sam.com
Sat Sep 3 08:47:05 UTC 2005

Hi all

Long time lurker, first time poster so please go easy ;-)

I have been trying for quite some time to get my 6600GT video card to send
valid PAL timings to my television.  I am using the included component-out
dongle and whilst I can quite happily use the low resolution PAL
configurations in the Windows drivers (about 480p I would guess) it seems
impossible to force 1080i to 25/50hz.  Powerstrip does not support custom
timings for TV-OUT and whilst I have found some sample modelines for my
television on various forums the card seems to corrupt them.  My guess is
that it forces timings to NTSC 30/60hz as this is the behaviour in Windows.

Has anyone successfully used an Nvidia 6600GT for PAL 1080i, and if so
what was the trick?  Otherwise can anyone please recommend a card that has
integrated component out and is proven for PAL 1800i use?

Many thanks in advance,

Matt.