[mythtv-users] no Tuner0 option in front end

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 04:08:30 UTC 2005

On 9/2/05, Felix <mythtv at ymhee-bcex.net> wrote:

> I realize that you guys are trying to help solve *my* problem, and I
> appreciate it; and I feel that you know the answer - if only I could
> explain the problem properly and we could address the issue at hand. So,
> if I sound a little frustrated - I apologize in advance :-)  !

Right - the channels seem to be set up correctly in the DB, we know
the card works outside of MythTV, mythtvsetup lists Tuner0 as an input
and it has been connected to a new channel source, but when watching
LiveTV, the system refuses to switch to tuner0 at all?

Two questions - are you using the latest ivtv release?, and, have you
tried scheduling a recording on the tuner on a channel that is not
available on any other inputs (i.e. to force it to try and record off
the tuner)? I would try and do this, and monitor the backend log
(verbose loging) when it starts to record, to see if it gives any
indication of problems.

Other than that, and making sure the start channel is set to a valid
channum, I'm drawing blanks.

Nick