[mythtv-users] C3 EPIA Guide Published

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Sep 1 20:20:44 UTC 2005

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:03:04 -0400, Austin Acton wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 22:49 -0400, Phil Strong wrote:
>> You are sick ...
>
>Ummm, good sick, or bad sick?
>
>> how is your experience with mandriva thus far?
>>
>Pretty much flawless in this case.
>
>And actually, once I finished the guide, Thac and I convinced the big
>boys at Mandriva to incorporate Ivor's stuff.  So Mandriva 2006 will
>have hardware acceleration and MPEG2 decoding on Unichrome Pro by
>default.  It should be out mid-September.

This is good news.  (Of course, it also means that just about when I get
the present system locked down, the new distro will make all the work
redundant!  Ain't change great).

Love the guide.

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638