[mythtv-users] Alternative interface for playing recordings?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Oct 30 08:46:22 EST 2005

Al Puzzuoli wrote:

> Unfortunately, I've run into a slight glitch with the mythlink.sh script.
>
> I appear to be having a MySQL password related issue as I get the
> following output when I try to run it:
>
> Done RM
> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
> password: NO)
> Failed to make directory: /tv/pretty
>
> If I ever defined a database password for root, I don't remember doing
> so.
>
> Thoughts on how to fix this would be great.

You'll need to edit the script for your setup.

    - Change every occurrence of "/tv/pretty" (the location in which the
links are created) to something appropriate for your system
    - On the line that starts "mysql -uroot mythconverg ...", you'll
need to change the user and probably add a password (i.e. "mysql
-umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg ...")

Mike