[mythtv-users] Nvidia drivers and 1920x1080i?

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Fri Oct 28 07:22:28 EDT 2005

Seth Heckard wrote:
> Is 1920x1080 known to work with any Nvidia drivers over DVI?  I've
> tried driver version 7676 with a FX5200 card and all I can get is a
> very messed-up screen.  I tried both interlaced and progressive with
> the same results.  If anybody has a modeline that works, I'd
> appreciate it.
>
> Also, if this doesn't work, and I'm forced to use 960x540, Myth should
> scale down the 1080i stream to 540p, correct?  Because that's not
> happening for me now, although I haven't looked much into it.

1080i on my nVidia card (FX5200, connected via VGA->Component converter)
worked for exactly *one* driver release for me, the first one with
interlace support (I forget what number).  But it doesn't matter; I use
960x540 as the GUI size and 1920x540 for video, using the controls set
up to allow exactly this.  Go search at Gossamer Threads for "1920x540"
and I bet you'll get a bunch of details.

-Doug