[mythtv-users] Problems with libmepg2

Tj htpc at treblid.dyndns.org
Thu Oct 27 21:19:17 EDT 2005

There seems to be some problems when using the libmpeg2 decoder (Using
SVN 7609 ATM) :

1) Mythweb thumbnails are pixelated
2) Fast forwarding/rewinding live TV or recordings - picture is
pixelated, last 20 lines or so of the picture are corrupted (seems to be
from previous frames).
3) Watching a transcoded movie - first few frames seems to be pixelated,
last 20 lines or so of the picture don't match
4) Watching live tv/recordings that has not be transcoded yet - first
few frames are corrupted, but then picture turns normal again. If your
FF/REV, the problems in (2) starts happening, play at normal speed and
the picture is normal.

Only libmpeg2 exhibit the above symptoms, "Standard" or "XvMC" do not.
libmepg2 installed on my system is 0.4.0b

Is there something that I can fix on my side, or is this a MythTV bug?
Any help?

Thanks.

Regards,
Tj