[mythtv-users] Transcoding

Ben Norling benorling at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 21:08:42 EDT 2005

I've recently purchased a Archos Gmini400 which
supports divx/xvid (with varying degrees of success).
Also, it mounts as a standard usb drive so it works
very well with linux.  I've determined that transcode
with the ffmpeg option works very well and the default
transcode for mythtv doesn't play at all on the gmini.

I'd like to set up a process to selectively transcode
edited tv programs to view on the gmini.

Bottom line:  Is there a description of edit points
that I can pull from the database?  Or perhaps a way
to modify the transcode process in myth to use
different transcoding options?

Thanks much.