[mythtv-users] program guide font size

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 25 16:12:17 EDT 2005

Peter Darley wrote:

>     Indeed, it has the component input that I'm using.

Oh.  I saw TV out and was thinking NTSC/PAL and thought the limitation
was on your card's defined sizes for modes it would scale to NTSC/PAL.
Since you're using component output, using a size much larger than
720x480/576 makes sense.

But, I was hoping there was a VGA or DVI connection available on the TV
so you could totally circumvent the TV out circuitry.

>     It's a DigiMatrix box, and someone said that it should be able  to
> do 1920x1080 (1080i), but I have not been able to get this to  work,
> and the refrence for Mr. Winischhoffer's SiS driver at: http://
> www.winischhofer.at/linuxsispart1.shtml#24 seems to say that tv-out
> only goes up to 1280x1024.  I would love to hear that I'm wrong about
> this however, and any pointers toward getting a higher resolution tv
> out would be grand! :)
>
>     It does have 1280x720, so I guess I'll try that.

Definitely a better choice than 1280x1024.

Mike