[mythtv-users] Unable to watch live TV with PVR-350

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 25 03:40:56 EDT 2005

It looks like you do have Xv support installed and working but the decoder
hasn't been initialized. This is probably because you are using an older
version of ivtv than 0.4 or the ivtv_init_mpeg.bin file isn't in
/lib/modules (should see a message in the kernel logs for this).
If you are using an older version I would recommend upgrading.

As a last resort the decoder can be initialized with

dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k count=50

John