[mythtv-users] Does time stretch make your MPEG-2 sound gurgle?

Mark Kundinger mkundinger at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 01:40:07 EDT 2005

Hi list,

If I time stretch a recording, the audio seems to get "gurgly" (minor,
sporadic, pitch or tempo changes).  This is most notable with programs
that like to do big dramatic musical scores with lots of violins (think
West Wing).  The strange part is that even if I set the time stretch
back to 1.0, the gurgling is still there.  However, if I exit back to
the menu and re-view the recording, sound is fine.

Most of my recording is done on a PVR-250, so the recordings are
MPEG-2.  I have a MJPEG recorder too, and it doesn't *seem* that the
problem still exists there, although I'm not positive, because I don't
have as many recordings for that.  For sound output, I'm using the
Nforce2 sound on my motherboard with Nvidia's driver.

So, anyone else seen this?  Right now I have no idea where the problem lies.