[mythtv-users] Low-Quality Not Working...

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Wed Oct 19 08:57:26 EDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 05:25:27AM -0700, Frank Reeves wrote:
> I'm having difficulty getting the MythTV backend to
> record shows in low-quality profile.  When I set up
> recordings to do low-quality it just seems to ignore
> the setting,

If you look at the details of the various recording quality settings,
you'll see that, by default, they're all identical.  So it *is*
recording in "Low Quality" mode, but the "Low Quality" mode is
identical to the "Default", "Live TV", and "High Quality" modes.

> I don't know if it's related or not but when I run
> MythSetup on my backend system I do not have an option
> for performing transcoding (which I am also trying to
> figure out).

For some reason (probably easy runtime accessibility), these settings
are all in mythfrontend.  Taka a look under Utilities/Setup -> Setup
-> TV Settings -> Recording Profiles.  The transcoding options are
under "Transcoders" and quality settings are under the various
programming source types ("MPEG-2 Encoders (PVR-250, PVR-350)" on my
system, there may be others on yours).

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that