[mythtv-users] i can't get TV-out for PVR 350 to work

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Oct 14 15:40:02 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 13:02, Nada De nada wrote:
>  Hello Tom
>
>  now that I have mythtv running... I wanted to try to
> send the out to a TV so I went back and followed
> Jarod's diections on HOW To.. Well the first thing
> that he said is to modify the kernel boot so it can
> force ivtv to load on /dev/fb1... I added the
> 'vga=791' at the end of all 'kernel/vmlinuz..." lines
> like he said (in boot/grub/grub.conf) and the rebooted
> the computer.. but it crashes all the time and have to
> used the fedora  disk to reboot and delet the vga=791
> line for fedora to work again
>
>  can you please give me any info about this
>  thank you for all your help

Are you sure your system has /dev/fb1?  The two systems I setup using
PVR-350's have fb0.  That would be the first thing I would verify.

And double check the PCI bus ID for your system.

Which OS are you using?  I set this up on an FC3 system earlier this
year.  For FC3 I added the vga line to the kernel line.

This weekend I will be setting this up on an FC4 system as well.  The
FC4 instructions I don't see anything about adding vga=791 on the kernel
lines.