[mythtv-users] Commercial skips about 5-15 seconds early

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Oct 14 14:08:32 EDT 2005

> I'm having an issue recently.  My commercial detection seems to detect
> perfectly (duration wise) but the commercial skips about 5-15 seconds
> early.  So I miss 5-15 seconds prior to each break and see about 5-15
> seconds of the last commercial.  The clocks on both machines are synced
> up to each other.  My system is made up of master backend, slave
> backend, and remote frontend.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.

Can you look at the frame numbers for the commercial markers in
recordedmarkup and see if they match up to the proper frame numbers
where commercials start/end when you look at them in the editor?

If the frame numbers match up (so commercial detection is correct),
you can put some debug statements into
NuppelVideoPlayer::AutoCommercialSkip() to see if this is being
triggered early for some reason or if frame numbers look off in
there for some reason.

--
Chris