[mythtv-users] Getting started, which tuner card Haup. or NVTV

Frank Dux soliant at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 11:11:57 EDT 2005

Hello,
I am trying to figure out which tv tuner card to buy for mythtv.  I
plan on running Xbox (XBMC mythtv plugin) as frontend.  However, for
my backend I am trying to decide between Hauppauge series or eVGA NVTV
series card.

Does eVGA NVTV series cards even work with mythtv ?

I want to be able to watch TV and record shows at the same time, does
this mean I need the Hauppauge pvr 500 - dual tuner card ?

In summary, I have Xbox frontend so that covers my video out and I
want to watch and record shows at the same time, so I need a dual
tuner card, is this right?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.