[mythtv-users] OT: MythTV Home Automation

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 03:59:55 UTC 2005

> BTW, don't forget that with X-10 you will need to have a module at the
> circuit-breaker panel to allow devices on one phase to talk to devices
> on the other phase.

I forget the size offhand, but you can put something like a 350 picofarad
capacitor to jump the phases to get the x10 signals to pass. But you better
google it back up because I'm not sure. It talks about the signal having to
run all the way out of the house to the pole to make the jump, whereas doing
the jump in your panel.

--
-=/>Thom