[mythtv-users] MythTV error log Filled Hard drive.

Chris Gackstatter Chris at coldspringdirect.com
Thu Oct 6 18:22:53 UTC 2005

In the process of installing a PVR-500, I got MythTV caught is some sort of
loop.  Prior to this I had about 235 GB free on my hard drive.  When Myth
stopped working I checked the mythbackend log that is out put on the screen
and a saw repeating messages saying my hard drive is full or something to
that effect.  Being that machine was locked up a did a reboot of the
machine.  The Machine on which I run my backend is a headless pc that sits
in my equipment closet in the basement.  The only access I have to the
machine is to VNC into in from my windows machine.

After the reboot  I can VNC into the machine only to see a blank green
screen.

Being that I can still Samba into the machine with the backend and see all
the files.  I suspect what has happen is that MythTV filled up my hard drive
with some sort of error log file and now there is not enough hard drive
space to start FC4 xWindows.

Can someone tell me which file might contain this large error log, and how
do I get rid of it?

Or if I missed the point completely and you direct me how to fix this
problem.

Being that I am not a Linux guy I am sure I used some wrong term here to
describe the problem.  Please ask question if you need more detail.

Thanks

Chris