[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV-Out with Xv support

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Oct 5 23:17:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:34:21 -0400, Jeff Simpson wrote:

You might check out: http://groundstate.ca/c3mythtv

Down a ways there is a discussion about compiling the Xv, and XVmc drivers
for a VIA motherboard... But the process will be exactly the same for you
to do in gentoo, subject only to a choice of the difference video driver
you are applying it to.

There is another gotcha if you are doing this from source and that is that
if you are using an oddly named kernel, the modules will get built under
/lib/modules in a folder called something like  2.6.12-12custom... You
have to move the drivers to the correct place which is something like
/lib/modules/2.6.12-12mdk-i686-4GB-up/kernel/drivers  etc etc etc...

The compiling itself is nothing... But note, you may have to re-compile X
from scratch in order to make this work... Not difficult but
time-consuming.. Takes about 1 and three quarter hours on my Via SP13000
box...Definitely a start and go to lunch project.

Geoffrey

PS... I noticed that you inadvertantly spelt your first name wrong!

PPS... Unless you live in the Toronto or Ottawa area (in which case you
might be one of the ones I already know) you are the 4th distinct Jeff
Simpson I have run across... it's almost as bad as being a Colin Campbell!
G.

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638