[mythtv-users] amixer settings changing suddenly

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Wed Oct 5 04:49:13 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm having a problem where mythtv is "mysteriously" changing my amixer
settings, somehow... I'm not sure why and how it's happening, but I have to
constantly be running amixer commands in order to get the volume set right.

So I'll set amixer the way I want it, but as soon as I pause liveTV and come
out of pause, the amixer settings get reset once again. It seems also that
unless I run amixer AFTER mythfrontend is started, I'll lose my initial
settings.

Does myth run commands internally that cause resetting of the values?

How can I ensure that my settings "stick" throughout usage of mythtv?

Ricardo