[mythtv-users] Tuner not available

Jason Werpy jwwerpy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 03:57:36 UTC 2005

I have a strange issue on my master backend. I went into mythtv-setup to
change commercial flagging to be only on my slave backend, but in doing so I
had a problem where my original tuner Tuner 1 showed up as not available.

Well I deleted that tuner in setup and readded it, but now it shows up as
Tuner 4. This made my slave backend's tuner Tuner 2 the first tuner used to
do recordings and I didn't want that. So, I went into setup on the slave
backend and deleted and readded the tuner. Now the slave's tuner shows up as
Tuner 5 and works, but the master's tuner, Tuner 4 is now showing as not
available.

How does this stuff work? I've looked in the database and there's nothing in
there that is ringing any bells with me.

I really want to get the tuner for the master to be the first tuner and the
slave's tuner to be the second one, but it just doesn't seem to want to let
me do that.