[mythtv-users] Can not connect to backend server from second machine.

Wes Newell w.newell at verizon.net
Sat Nov 19 02:18:40 EST 2005

I'm at a dead end. I've had a single system running a few weeks without
any problems I couldn't find and fix, but I just can't get a second
seperate frontend to connect to the database. Backend is on 192.168.0.2.
New frontend is on 192.168.0.3. No problem pinging each other. Error I
get is can not connect to database (111). I've configured a mythfe1 user
in mysql from any host with the same password as the regular mythtv
user. On the remote machine, I've changed the user to mythfe1 for the
frontend and changed the database host to 198.162.0.2 (the backend
database). The backend has 192.168.0.2 for both Host and server name. I
can ping both ways. The backend is running 0.18.1 on vanilla kernel
2.6.14 (Mandrake 2005LE). The new frontend is running knoppmyth and
frontend version 0.18.1.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I've also considered creating a usenet newsgroup for Linux PVR since I
couldn't find one. Anyone have any thoughts on that. alt groups are
fairly easy to create.