[mythtv-users] Is anybody else getting 500 errors from DataDirect?

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Sat Nov 19 23:25:20 EST 2005

Kyle Kelly wrote:
> Scott Alfter wrote:
>> I'm now trying to rebuild the MythTV binaries (I'm running Gentoo, so
>> that's simple), but I'm not hopeful that that'll make a difference. I'm
>> just about at my wits' end with this problem. Everything's been running
>> great for months, and now it's all falling apart.
>
> Might seem like a simple thing, but with gentoo if this started
> happening after a recent sync and emerge world then maybe you should
> look over your logs to see what has been updated.  Happened to me plenty
> of times that seemingly unrelated packages break one another.

Well, it turns out that the thing I thought wouldn't make a difference,
actually did make a difference.  After emerge mythtv was complete, I went back
into mythtv-setup.  After flubbing the password once, it retrieved a channel
lineup from Zap2it.  I then associated that with my tuner cards, and now
mythfilldatabase is grinding away.  It looks like all will be right with the
world in a few more minutes. :-)

I had rebuilt the whole system a month or so ago when I switched from gcc 3.3
to 3.4.  Everything had been running without a hitch until recently (other than
some garbled recordings from my PVR-x50s after a week or so of operation, which
I'm waiting to see if it'll return after I put the original heatsinks back on
the cards).

   _/_
  / v \ Scott Alfter